Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Surely it's not 2008 already?

Poor little abandoned blog! It's not for lack of events in my life that I haven't posted. I suppose the end of the semester was simply too overwhelming. As for NaNoWriMo, let us not even speak of that false start...

In the area of knitting, I have been a busy little bee. I finished the Gryffindor scarf for my little sister in time for Christmas. In truth, it was all knit up a while ago, but I delayed the finishing because I find putting on fringe so tedious. My monkey socks are on the backburner because they are sort of driving me mad.

The main project I'm working on now is St. Brigid, a sweater that I have admired, adored, and longed to knit for about, oh, three years now. I'm working it up in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, in Firecracker Red. It's a heathered yarn and I'm pleased with how it's turning out.


That's the back of the sweater, with about four repeats of the main charts. I love the Celtic cables!

No comments: