Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sock Pal sock yarn and new project

I stopped at the yarn store today where I work to pick up yarn for two new projects.



I got two skeins of this Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in 504 "Lakeview" for my Sockapalooza 4 pal. Hopefully she'll really like it. I haven't decided on a pattern yet; it'll probably end up being something I designed myself with a short-row heel and toe.



The other project is the Perfect Periwinkle Turtleneck Tube Vest (which wins an award for wordiest pattern title!) from Fitted Knits. I got two skeins of Cascade 220 in colour number 7813.

Now I just have to pretend the yarn isn't here until my road trip in a few weeks...

4 comments:

Sandykins57 said...

I made a baby sweater and a pair of anklets out of the Lakeview colorway. Very nice yarn to work with!

alison said...

Oooh, pretty yarn and how cool that you're coming up with your own pattern for the socks!

Thanks for trying out the pligg system. I'm excited to see it really take off!

Danielle said...

Beautiful yarn! I love it.

Laura said...

Hi there! I came to visit through the Knit Pligg. Your sock pal will be very happy with that yarn, I'm sure! :)

Also, I wanted to warn you ... you might want to dash back to the LYS and pick up another skein of that yarn for the PPTTV (I agree, wordiest pattern name ever). I just finished one and two skeins was really not enough to make it as long as I'd like. I blogged about it here.